How to set up and clean a Himalayan Salt Lamp
How to set up your Himalayan Salt Lamp
First of all you should be aware that most lamps come disassembled as this allows for ease of transport. You should always follow your manufacturer’s installation set-up but if they are not available we have listed a few basic points on how to set up and how to use your Himalayan salt lamp.
- Check that the packaging has not been damaged
- Check the individual pieces for any obvious cracks or signs of damage
- Start with clean hands, or cover them with gloves as this will stop the transfer of oils onto the bulb and exterior of the salt lamp.
- Handle with care as too much pressure can cause cracking or breakages.
- Assemble from the base up – base, bulb, lamp, etc.
- Plug in the power source and turn on
- You can now sit back and enjoy your lamp
How to clean a Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Remember to disconnect your lamp from the power source to avoid electrocution
- Your lamp should be cool to touch before you carry out the next step
- Do not use an overly wet cloth directly on the salt surface – it should be slightly damp and lint free
- Lightly dab the damp lint free cloth over the surface of the lamp
- Do not rub the surface of the lamp as this will damage the salt surface
- Never use furniture polish on a salt lamp
Where to place your salt lamp
You will need to consider carefully where you intend to place your Himalayan salt lamp. Whether it is for practical use, or as a decorative item, a well-placed lamp can act as a backdrop and add atmosphere and character to your home.
You also will need to think of things like available power source, level shelving, and suitable surfaces, which should be non-corrosive and away from electrical items. You also need to think about placing it in a spot that is out of reach of children and pets.
Let’s start with the best places to place your salt lamp
- Bedroom – salt lamps on bedside tables can also act as a night light
- Living room – why not try placing the lamp near a sofa where you regularly sit as this will provide soft lighting
- Office space – believed to help boost productivity by improving air quality
- Consultation rooms – use as an aid to keep your clients calm and relaxed
- Yoga/Pilates centres – both tranquil and energising
Where you should not place your salt lamp
- Steamy bathrooms or shower rooms
- Damp kitchens or utility rooms
- Close to open windows
- Outside locations
- On top of electronic equipment such as TVs
- Close to pets sleeping or eating areas
- Near areas where children could knock them over easily
Once you have assembled your Himalayan salt lamp and strategically placed it in your preferred setting there is nothing more to do than switch it on and enjoy the many suggested benefits it offers.
Take care of your Himalayan Salt Lamp by using the cleaning tips mentioned above – then sit back and appreciate your salt lamp.
If you would like to find out more about salt then have a look at