Baked salmon with Himalayan salt – have you ever wanted to cook salmon fillets but you didn’t know where to start?
Here is a simple to prepare, fast cooking healthy meal, ready in 25 minutes – what could be easier?
Baked salmon with Himalayan salt
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 x 6-ounce fillets
- 2 salmon fillets (approximately 6-ounces in weight each)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Butter (optional)
- Dill (optional for garnishing)
- Lemon wedges (optional for garnishing)
Cooking Instructions for baked salmon with Himalayan salt
- Lift salmon fillets out of fridge and allow to come up to room temperature
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180C degrees (350F or Gas mark 4)
- Layer an oven proof dish with foil
- Place salmon fillets on the foil, skin side down
- Sprinkle with the Himalayan salt
- If using place a small slice of butter on top of each salmon fillet
- Wrap up the foil and place in the centre of the oven
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle finely chopped Dill over each fillet and serve with a wedge of lemon
Serving suggestion – serve with a fresh green salad or a selection of steamed vegetables.
For a crunchy texture for your baked salmon just sprinkle some Himalayan Salt over the top before serving.
Nutritional information per 6 ounce serving
- Calories 180
- Total fat 6g
- Saturated fat 1g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fibre 1g
- Protein 28g
Health benefits of Baked Salmon with Himalayan salt
Salmon is naturally rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids can help reduce blood pressure, and ease inflammation.
Salmon is a fantastic source of minerals such as potassium and selenium, and is a great source of protein.
Salmon can protect against illness and helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
Always let the fish come up to room temperature before cooking.
Wrapping the salmon in baking foil helps keep moisture locked in but If you don’t want to use baking foil then you could use baking parchment instead.
To enjoy different flavors you can try using a range of everyday ingredients such as:
- Lemon and butter
- Lemon and Dill – see above
- Lemon and Rosemary
- Garlic butter
Just follow the main recipe and add whatever combination you like – you can’t go wrong.
If you would like to find out more about salt why not check out our articles in the Salt Facts section? Ready to explore a bit more? Why not pop on over to our Salt Products and Salt Recipe sections?